Hi Everyone,

I am so pleased to share the information below about Pragda's newest
release, BERTSOLARI, a fascinating look at the ancient oral tradition of
Basque spoken word poetry. Please share the info below with your
colleagues and students, and feel free to reach out to me with any
questions.

Thanks for you support!
My best,
Olivia

SPOTLIGHT ON BASQUE SPOKEN WORD POETS:
BERTSOLARI NOW AVAILABLE WITH PUBLIC PERFORMANCE RIGHTS

2014 New Release BERTSOLARI offers a rare look at Bertsolaritza, an
ancestral and completely improvised form of Basque poetry.
Anachronistic? Not at all. The bertsolari, with their spontaneous
creation and wordplay, could be an inspiration for rappers, spoken word
artists and other improvisers around the world. A living ehtnographic
documentary, BERTSOLARI would make a vital contribution to courses in
Basque Studies, Iberian Studies, Anthropology, Linguistics, Cultural
Studies, Poetry and Ethnomusicology.

BERTSOLARI
A film by Asier Altuna
Spain / 2011 / 52 min / Spanish and Basque with English subtitles
Watch the Trailer
and ORDER HERE: http://www.pragda.com/films/bertsolari

Though Bertsolaritza is a surprising art of austere aesthetics in these
days of spectacularity and special effects, this ancient oral tradition
has nonetheless evolved and adapted to the times, connecting with the
youngest generations. At the grand finale performance of the last
championship an audience of 14,000 people gathered to watch eight
bertsolaris vie live against each other. In this remarkable documentary,
the filmmaker takes us on a voyage through improvised verse, silence and
art in the raw.

OFFICIAL SELECTION
San Sebastian Film Festival, International Documentary Festival of
Santiago de Chile, Aliès Film Festival, San Francisco Latino Film
Festival

REVIEWS
“A treasure... don't miss BERTSOLARI.”-Juan Zapater, DIARIO DE NOTICIAS
"A proud homage created by people who appreciate how much  emotion and
meaning there is among the bertsolaris..." -Mikel G. Gurpegui, EL DIARUI
VASCO

MORE FILMS FROM BASQUE COUNTRY
Discover more films about Basque history and culture, including
Pragda’s popular 2013 release AMERIKANUAK and audience favorite BASQUE
BALL by going here:
http://www.pragda.com/films-by-subject/basque-studies

HOW TO ORDER
EMAIL your order to [log in to unmask]
MAIL your order to Pragda, c/o Transit Media, 190 Route 17m, Suite D –
Harriman, NY 10926.
FAX your order to (845) 774-2945.
PHONE in your order to (800) 343-5540 and pay using Visa, MasterCard,
Discover or American Express.
ONLINE Order your films directly through our catalog at
http://www.pragda.com/films.

QUESTIONS?
We’re here to help you bring the best of Spanish & Latin American
cinema to your communities and classrooms. We encourage you to reach out
to us directly with any questions or comments. Email [log in to unmask]
or call 347-891-1788.

I look forward to working with you!

All best,
Olivia