Hi Sarah,

Japanese horror would definitely be a useful way of approaching the topic.
Both Colette Balmain's *Introduction to Japanese Horror Film* and Jay
McRoy's *Nightmare Japan* have sections on techno-horror, which is at the
centre of films like *Ringu*, *Kairo, J**isatsu Sākuru *and the *Chakushin
Ari* (One Missed Call) series.

Best,

Richard

--
*Richard McCulloch*
Lecturer in Film Studies

Staff Profile
http://www.regents.ac.uk/about/who-we-are/our-staff/richard-mcculloch.aspx

Board Member
Fan Studies Network
http://fanstudies.wordpress.com

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org