Dear ListServ Administrator:

Please post this to Screen-L. Also, please let me know if you'd like
to review the book for your listserv. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Heather Skinner, Publicist
University of Minnesota Press
111 3rd Ave S, Ste. 290
Minneapolis, MN 55401-2520
v * 612-627-1932
f * 612-627-1980
http://www.upress.umn.edu
Tracing the significance of oriental style in contemporary Hollywood
cinema

YELLOW FUTURE: Oriental Style in Hollywood Cinema
By Jane Chi Hyun Park
University of Minnesota Press | 272 pages | 2010
ISBN 978-0-8166-4980-8 | paperback  | $25.00
ISBN 978-0-8166-4979-2 | hardcover  | $75.00

Yellow Future examines the emergence and popularity of techno-oriental
representations in Hollywood cinema since the 1980s, focusing on the
collective fantasy of East Asia as the future. Jane Chi Hyun Park
demonstrates how this fantasy is sustained through imagery,
iconography, and performance that conflate East Asia with technology,
constituting what Park calls oriental style.

PRAISE FOR YELLOW FUTURE:
"Yellow Future’s emphasis on ‘oriental style’ is interesting and
fresh. I can see other scholars in the field picking up this term and
running with it, both in their writing and teaching. Jane Chi Hyun
Park has written an excellent, useful book."—Lisa Nakamura, University
of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign

ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Jane Chi Hyun Park is lecturer in the Department of Gender and
Cultural Studies at the University of Sydney in Australia.

For more information, including the table of contents, visit the
book's webpage:
http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/P/park_yellow.html

Sign up to receive news on the latest releases from University of
Minnesota Press:
http://www.upress.umn.edu/mediaalert.html

Please email me if you have any questions.
--
Heather Skinner, Publicist
University of Minnesota Press
111 3rd Ave S, Ste. 290
Minneapolis, MN 55401-2520
v * 612-627-1932
f * 612-627-1980

______________
Anastasia Scott
Marketing Assistant
University of MInnesota Press
111 Third Ave. S., Suite 290
Minneapolis, MN 55401-2520
www.upress.umn.edu
612.627.1933

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org