Screening the Past Issue 28 has just gone online

http://www.latrobe.edu.au/screeningthepast/

First release peer-reviewed articles:

Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Silence and Fury: Rape and The Virgin Spring.

Lisa Bode, 'Conspicuous Absence' and 'Morbid Curiousity': The Promotion and Reception of Saratoga.

Sally Jackson, Patineur Grotesque:  Marius Sestier and the Lumiere Cinematographe in Australia, September-November 1896.

Belinda Smaill, Intercultural Romance and Australian Cinema: Asia and Australia in The Home Song Stories.

Gregory Stephens, Koyaanisquatsi and the Visual Narrative of Environmental Film.

Peter Hughes, The End of Life on Earth? Discourses of Risk in Natural History Documentaries.

Roger Hillman, Film at the Millenium.

Australian Film Culture: Australian Research Council Interviews.

'Some Things You Never Learn', Sam Rohdie interviewed by Deane Williams

'We Might Leave it There', Bill Routt interviewed by Deane Williams

'I'm going to be met by a phalanx of safari-suited men', Lesley Stern interviewed by Deane Williams

'Unholy Roller', Richard J. Thompson interviewed by Anna Dzenis and Raffaele Caputo

Classics and Reruns

Sam Rohdie, A Note on F.T. Marinetti's Futurist Cooking.

Lesley Stern, Independent Feminist Film-making in Australia

Bill Routt, The Ritual Model of Form.

Richard J. Thompson, 'What's your 100-20?' Redneck Movie Travel Notes.

Plus a selection of reviews

http://www.ScreenSite.org