Dear ListServ Administrator:

Please post this to Screen-L. Also, please let me know if you'd like
to review the book for your listserv. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Heather Skinner, Publicist
University of Minnesota Press
111 3rd Ave S, Ste. 290
Minneapolis, MN 55401-2520
v * 612-627-1932
f * 612-627-1980
http://www.upress.umn.edu

Derek Jarman's defiant and provocative memoir of his life and times

Please let me know if you would like a review copy

AT YOUR OWN RISK: A Saint's Testament
By Derek Jarman
University of Minnesota Press | 160 pages | 2010
ISBN 978-0-8166-6592-1| paperback | $18.95

One of England's foremost filmmakers, Derek Jarman (1942-1994) wrote
and directed several feature films, including Sebastiane, Jubilee,
Caravaggio, and Blue, as well as numerous short films and music
videos. He was a stage designer, artist, writer, gardener, and an
outspoken AIDS and queer rights activist in the UK and the United
States. He is the author of several books, among them Modern Nature,
available from the University of Minnesota Press.

"A spirited motorcycle tour through Jarman's life and times . . .
Jarman is a shining example of living fully, creatively, and
prolifically with H.I.V." -Lambda Book Report

"At Your Own Risk is profound, constructed of fragmented thoughts and
biting one-liners. Every paragraph is a proclamation, an accusation,
or an emotional reaction to memory." -L.A. Weekly

"Fascinating . . . It must be reckoned invaluable for any American
gay studies collection, both for the contrast its picture of gay life
in Britain makes with U.S. gay life and because of Jarman's
provocative intelligence and his emotional and social maturity."
-Booklist

For more information, including the table of contents, visit the
book's webpage:
http://www.upress.umn.edu/Books/J/jarman_atyourown.html

Sign up to receive news on the latest releases from University of
Minnesota Press:
http://www.upress.umn.edu/mediaalert.html
Heather Skinner, Publicist
University of Minnesota Press
111 3rd Ave S, Ste. 290
Minneapolis, MN 55401-2520
v * 612-627-1932
f * 612-627-1980
http://www.upress.umn.edu

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org