We are pleased to announce that the spring issue, "Documentaries, Part 1," of Film & History is now available.

Feature Issue: Documentaries, Part 1

Hearts and Minds and Bodies: Reconsidering the Cinematic
Language in The Battle of the Somme, Page 9
John Hodgkins

The Civil War: A Battleground of Meaning, Page 20
Judith Lancioni

Documenting Racism in an Agricultural Extension Film, Page 33
J. Emmett Winn

The Holocaust Repressed: Memory and the Subconscious in Lars von Trier's Europa, Page 45
Udi Greenberg

Cultural Learnings of Borat Make for Benefit Glorious Study of Documentary, Page53
Leshu Torchin

Film Reviews

Joyeaux Noel (Merry Christmas), Page 65
William A. Pelz

The Perfect Corpse, Page 66
A. Bowdoin Van Riper

March of the Bonus Army, Page 67
John C. Tibbetts

Nam June Paik: Lessons from the Video Master, Page 69
Wheeler Winston Dixon

Blockade, Page 70
Tony Osborne

The Empire in Africa, Page 71
Ted Nannicelli

Iran: A Cinematic Revolution, Page 73
Lindsey Hair

Rachel Carson's Silent Spring, Page 75
Lawrence Mastroni

Negroes with Guns: Rob Williams and the Roots of Black Power, Page 76
Patrick D. Jones

Absolute Wilson, Page 78
John Cline

Book Reviews

The Battle of Britain on Screen: "The Few" in British Film and Television Drama, Page 80
Robert Fyne

War Cinema: Hollywood on the Front Line, Page 81
Robert W. Matson

Textual Fidelity, Page 82
Laurence Raw

Phallic Frenzy: Ken Russell and His Films, Page 83
Cynthia Miller

The Columbia History of American Television, Page 85
Robert Fyne

Stoogeology: Essays on the Three Stooges, Page 86
Tony Osborne

Freedom To Offend: How New York Remade Movie Culture, Page 87
Michael Marino

Plagues, Apocalypses and Bug-Eyed Monsters: How Speculative Fiction Shows Us Our Nightmares, Page 88
Adam Capitanio

Watching Jim Crow: The Struggles Over Mississippi TV, 1955-1969, Page 90
Travis Vogan

The Cinema of Attractions Reloaded, Page 92
Dan Hassler-Forest

Lights, Camera, History: Portraying the Past in Film, Page 93
Sally E. Parry

Sound Design & Science Fiction, Page 95
Benjamin Wright

http://www.ScreenSite.org