Tet offensive has new life in current political debate.

The hour-length documentary about the Tet offensive which I made
some twenty years ago is still relevant, today, and has been  re-released
on DVD along with scholarly articles, reviews, and a 30-minute
commentary by me.

TELEVISION'S VIETNAM: THE IMPACT OF MEDIA
deal with the press misreporting of the Tet offensive of 1968
and interviews Peter Braestrup, Douglas Pike, General William
C. Westmoreland, and others about the tactical and strategic
events as well as the US news coverage of the events of
January-March, 1968.

The program speaks to the debate this month, as we approach
the Petraus Report deadline.  That the "surge" is being  successful
in a military way only increases the likelihood of a last-minute
dramatic event in Iraq and/or elsewhere.

For an article which provided the research base for the program,
see   _http://fp.okstate.edu/osuengl/Rollins/3240.htm_
(http://fp.okstate.edu/osuengl/Rollins/3240.htm)

For purchase of the program, see

     _http://www.shopaim.org/_ (http://www.shopaim.org/)

(It is selling for $17.00 and I make nothing from the sales.)

Teachers should take a special interest in this film because of the
current debates and the Fall semester discussions over Iraq policy
and historical analogies.

Peter C. Rollins
Ridgemont Media

http://www.ScreenSite.org