*Science Fiction Film and Television* is a biannual, peer-reviewed journal
published by Liverpool University Press. Edited by Mark Bould (UWE) and
Sherryl Vint (Brock University), with an international board of advisory
editors, it encourages dialogue among the scholarly and intellectual
communities of film studies, sf studies and television studies.

We invite submissions on all areas of sf film and television, and which
situate texts, practices and institutions within broader national,
historical, cultural, theoretical and critical contexts. In addition to
popular and contemporary works, we are interested in papers which consider
neglected texts, propose innovative ways of looking at canonical texts, or
explore the tensions and synergies that emerge from the interaction of genre
and medium. We encourage work that considers the specificities of the genre
and what its increasing centrality to film and television globally might
suggest for critical approaches to film, sf and television.

We publish articles (6000-8000 words), book and DVD reviews (1000-2000
words) and review essays (up to 5000 words). Suggestions for papers include
but are not limited to the following areas:

        silent sf

        European sf (e.g., French New Wave, Turkish pop cinema)

        East Asian sf (e.g., *kaiju eiga*, anime)

        Hollywood sf blockbusters

        animation and greenscreen

        adaptations

        low-budget and independent sf

        children's sf

        costume, design and music

        spectacle and special effects

        the 'soap opera-isation' of television sf

        sf and avant-garde practice

        the relationships between globalisation, transnationalisation,
media convergence and sf

        the science-fictionality of media technologies and forms themselves

        cross-media and transnational franchises

        audience, fans and consumption

Articles should be 6000-8000 words (MLA format) and include a 100-word
abstract. Electronic submission in MS Word is preferred. The deadline for
submissions for the inaugural issue (March 2008) is September 1, 2007. Send
submissions to both editors at [log in to unmask] and
[log in to unmask] If you are interested in reviewing a book or DVD, or
have materials you would like reviewed, please contact Sherryl Vint.

Advisory Editorial Board: Jonathan Bignell (University of Reading),
Catherine Constable (University of Warwick), Susan A. George (University of
California, Berkeley), Elyce Rae Helford (Middle Tennessee State
University), Matt Hills (Cardiff University), Brooks Landon (University of
Iowa), Rob Latham (University of Iowa), Sharalyn Orbaugh (University of
British Columbia), David Seed (University of Liverpool), Steve Shaviro
(Wayne State University), Vivian Sobchack (University of California, Los
Angeles) and JP Telotte (Georgia Institute of Technology)