Greetings,

We just wanted to let you know that the new issue of Flow: A Critical Forum on
Television and Media Culture is out, with a brand-new look!  We recently
upgraded our publishing and web design software, and now have a design that is
much more "Web 2.0".  If you're looking for archived articles on the new site
and can't find them, don't worry!  We're working backwards to re-publish all
older articles and comments to our new platform; everything should be there
very soon.  If you have any questions or have feedback regarding the transition
please contact Matt Payne ([log in to unmask]).

This issue features articles from Hector Amaya, John McMurria, Adam Fish, Chuck
Tryon, Nichola Dobson, and Jennifer Warren.

Despite the changes, Flow's URL has remained the same.  Please visit the journal
at http://www.flowtv.org to read these columns and contribute responses to them.

This issue's columns in brief:

"Queering Justin" by Hector Amaya:
How does the Justin character on Ugly Betty factor into and complicate debates
about queer representations on television?

"Beyond DRM" by John McMurria:
With the divide growing between consumer groups, global corporations, government
agencies, and end users, there are increasing calls for genuine change in the
way digital music is disseminated. Is the time right for compulsory licensing
as a viable alternative?

"Sex, Media, Celebrity: A Queer Culture of Media Production" by Adam Fish:
Subcultures become pop cultures and today’s underground emerges as tomorrow’s
mainstream.

"'Why 2008 Won't Be Like 1984': Viral Videos and Presidential Politics" by Chuck
Tryon:
How will voter-created viral videos shape the mediascape of the forthcoming 2008
US Presidential Election?

"Brand Loyalty vs. Show Loyalty: The Strange Case of Virgin vs. Sky" by Nichola
Dobson:
Caught in between disputing media cable providers, audiences find alternative
ways to circumvent the
media’s economically driven programming strategies.

"Seeing is Believing" by Jennifer Warren:
Critics of photography envisioned a world where people had consumed the image
and thought they had experienced the thing itself. It seems they weren’t far
off the mark.

We look forward to your visit and encourage your comments.

Best wishes,

Flow Editorial Staff

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org