In addition to our regular columnists and guest columns, FLOW is also committed
to publishing topical one-time columns. If you are interested in submitting a
column for review, please feel free to check out our latest suggested calls at
http://jot.communication.utexas.edu/flow/cfp.php. Even if your work does not
match the specific calls, we invite short, topical pieces of 800-1000 words for
review. As with regular columns, Special Features are expected to fall somewhere
in between academic and journalistic discourses with the aim of spurring
discussion on message boards. For submissions or questions, please contact Jean
Lauer at [log in to unmask]

Current Calls:

1. Reconsidering Cult Television (or Where do We Go after Star Trek?)

If you are a scholar working in this area or are otherwise interested in
contributing to the conversation, we encourage you to contact us with queries,
proposals, or potential submissions. To be considered for publication, papers
should be emailed as attachments, double-spaced, in MLA style, with the
author's name and contact information clearly included on the attached file.
For more information or to submit a query, please contact Jean Lauer at the
above-listed email address.

2. The President and the Media

The President of the United States is a central figure in media, whether he is a
historical or contemporary subject in non-fictional media modes, or she or he is
a historical or contemporary subject of fictional media. If you are a scholar
writing about the figure of the President, the institution of the President,
other world leaders, governments, or related topics in fiction or non-fiction
media, we encourage you to contact us with queries, proposals, or potential
submissions. To be considered for publication, papers should be emailed as
attachments, double-spaced, in MLA style, with the author's name and contact
information clearly included on the attached file. For more information or to
submit a query, please contact Jean Lauer at the above-listed email address.

----
Learn to speak like a film/TV professor! Listen to the ScreenLex
podcast:
http://www.screenlex.org