The Flow Conference (Oct. 26 -29, 2006; Austin, TX) -- a series of
roundtable discussions with topics created by Flow columnists
organized around the future of television and media culture -- is now
accepting submissions to join a roundtable.  Deadline for submission
is June 15, 2006.

The goal of the Flow Conference is conversation. There are no plenary
sessions, and participants are asked to submit short position papers
(not full-length essays). We want to promote discussion amongst
scholars, members of the media industries, media activists, fans, and
policy-makers over crucial issues related to television and media.

The conference program will include the institutional affiliation and
paper titles of each participant, and we will provide web space for
presenters to circulate position papers and any supplemental research
or other supporting materials.

For the list of roundtable topics, please visit the conference
website at: www.flowconference.org . To join a roundtable, submit a 250 word
abstract identifying the roundtable in which you want to participate
and detailing your response to the topic statement, and a short bio, to:

Roundtable organizers include: Chris Anderson, Tim Anderson, Patricia
Aufderheide, Aniko Bodroghkozy, Will Brooker, Faye Ginsburg, Jonathan
Gray, Mary Beth Haralovich, John Hartley, James Hay, Heather
Hendershot, Henry Jenkins, Douglas Kellner, L.S. Kim, Derek Kompare,
Shanti Kumar, Dan Leopard, Daniel Marcus, Vicki Mayer, Allison
McCracken, John McMurria, Tara McPherson, Walter Metz, Jason Mittell,
Megan Mullen, Horace Newcomb, Laurie Ouellette, Thomas Schatz, Joe
Straubhaar, Sharon Strover, Frederick Wasser.

For more information, please visit our website,
www.flowconference.org, or email us at [log in to unmask]

Michael Kackman, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Radio-TV-Film