Dear colleagues:

On 8/4/05 I posted on "SCREEN-L" the huge news release about Image
Entertainment acquiring Home Vision and the Criterion Collection.   In
the last half of that huge text, the chief  ("CEO") of Criterion is identified
as Jonathan Turell.

Rr-reading that text today, I happened to recall,  from four or five decades
ago, that same name "Turell," prefaced by a given name like  "Sol" or "Paul."
I think there may have been a partnership like Turell & Killiam (if memory
serves), linked with the collecting and distribution of celluloid golden
oldies from the silent days.  Perhaps it would have been various packages
or series like "Silents Please" or "Hollywood and the Stars," which were
telecast in the 1950s and/or 1960s.

And I turn to you colleagues with a small question:  is Criterion's Jonathan
Turell in 2005 related to that  collector and distributor of oldies, Sol (or
Paul) Turell, a half-century ago?

Gratefully,
Steven P Hill,
University of Illinois.