Stephen -- have you checked with the archivists at the Wisconsin Center for
Film and Theater Research? We do have a lot of early television programs in
the WCFTR and in the Wisconsin Historical Society collections.

You can access part of the catalogue online at
http://arcat.library.wisc.edu/.  I just plugged in "You Are There" and got
several hits -- more if you go to the Finding Aids search at
http://digicoll.library.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/ead-idx?page=simple&c=shs.  They
aren't catalogued down to individual episode level, but maybe the context
will ring a bell for you.  You can also contact one of the archive
assistants -- Dorinda Hartmann is one of my graduate students who works
there and is very knowledgeable  ([log in to unmask]) -- and they can do a
search.

Good luck with this -- Michele

At 04:06 PM 7/2/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear colleagues:
>
>Anyone out there know who might sell on video the 3 old television programs
>(episodes)  listed below?   Since some of the big video producers and
>distributors
>currently don't seem to have them, I suppose if anyone does, it might be an
>individual hobbyist or collector who dates back to the 1960s or even the
>1950s,
>and who saved what no one else at the time thought would have any value...
>
>1.  "The Movie Maker" (US TV 1964), also known as "Slow Fade to Black."
>  Dir. by J Lejtes (Leytes), writ. by S Bochco, featuring R Steiger, Anna
> Lee, R Culp,
>S Kellerman, J Dunn, D Coleman.  [Not to be confused with a 1986 "Movie
>Maker,"
>dir. by J Wilson, featuring Z Gabor, O Bean, D Hedison.]
>
>2.  "You are There" (US TV, 9/20/53): episode entitled "First Moscow Purge
>Trial,"
>narr. by W Cronkite, featuring R Cornthwaite, P Mamakos.  [Episode not
>included
>in recently released DVD anthologies of a few episodes from that series.]
>
>3.  "This is Your Life" (US TV, 2/6/57): episode devoted to New York press
>agent
>Constance Hope (Mrs Milton L Berliner).   [Episode not included in
>recently released
>DVD anthologies.]
>
>Feel free to reply to me directly, if you wish: "[log in to unmask]".
>
>Gratefully,
>Steven P Hill,
>University of Illinois.
>_ __ __ __ _ __ __ __ __
>
>----
>To sign off Screen-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF Screen-L
>in the message.  Problems?  Contact [log in to unmask]

Michele Hilmes
Professor of Media and Cultural Studies
Director, Wisconsin Center for Film and Theater Research
Department of Communication Arts
University of Wisconsin-Madison

6040 Vilas Hall
821 University Ave.