Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that the latest issue of Flow: A critical forum
on television and media culture came out on Friday, May 27. This issue
features columns by Aniko Bodroghkozy, Daniel Marcus, Walter Metz, Jason
Mittell, and Dana Polan.

We have also published a one-shot piece by Kallol Bhattacherjee  and our
latest
edition of Pass The Remote, with Jessica Birthisel, Lindsay Bosch, and Beth
Bonnstetter.

Please feel free to visit the journal at http://www.flowtv.org to read these
columns and contribute responses to them.

This issue's columns:

Pass the Remote: The iGeneration. Jessica Birthisel , Lindsay Bosch  and
Beth Bonnstetter provide a consideration of the Internet generation's
experience of human-to-human relations.

North eastern India: Satellite TV's Forgotten Spectator. Kallol
Bhattacherjee
asks "did satellite TV help to change the identity of Northeastern India?"

Media Studies for the Hell of It?: Second Thoughts on McChesney and Fiske.
Aniko Bodroghkozy asks "Why and how do you study media?"

Live Richly, and Prosper. Daniel Marcus asks "What is Citibank selling?"

"Can There Be Television Without Star Trek?". Walter Metz discusses how
canceling shows such as "Enterprise" is akin to amputating parts of our
collective history with television.

The Loss of Value (or the Value of Lost). Jason Mittell takes perhaps the
most controversial position as yet argued in Flow's brief but vibrant first
year: Lost is the best show on American broadcast television.

I Got Plenty of Nothing (and Nothing's Plenty for Me): Television's Politics
of Abundance. Dana Polan argues that there is no topic so eccentric that
television can't pursue it.

Please feel free to visit the journal at http://www.flowtv.org to read these
columns and contribute responses to them.

Best,

Avi Santo & Christopher Lucas
Coordinating Editors
Flow