Dear colleagues who know film history:

1.  Which might be the most appropriate message board (relating to film) for me to
post a little 1- or 2-paragraph tribute to a collector & seller of rare old films
who passed away suddenly last week?  "Screen-L," or some other site?  (Query from
a novice in film-related "boards.")

2.  During WW2, several Hollywood studios produced pro-Russian films, at the
request of President Roosevelt, to encourage full cooperation and support between
the populations of the USA and the USSR in our common battle against the Axis
powers. I've put together a list of 6 such films, from 5 studios, but I'm missing
a few of the other studios.  Did every single studio "pitch in"?  Or did a few
studios refuse to participate?

My list of those studios which DID produce pro-Soviet films, 1943-45:

1.  Columbia:  Counter-Attack ('45, dir. by Z. Korda);
2.  MGM:  Song of Russia (44, Ratoff);
3.  RKO:  Days of Glory ('44, J. Tourneur);
4.  United Artists:  Three Russian Girls ('43 Otsep);
5.  United Artists-Goldwyn: North Star ('44 Milestone);
6.  Warner Brothers:  Mission to Moscow ('43 Curtiz).

That seems to leave out the following major studios -- or does it?
7.  Paramount: ......................?
9.  Twentieth-Cen. Fox: .............?

Gratefully,
Steven P. Hill,**
Cinema Studies & Slavic Langs.,
University of Illinois.
  **Not to be confused with TV actor Steven Hill (allegedly born "Solomon
Krakovsky").