Any DeMille experts out there know about his faith or
affiliation/background or who could point me to a source of such
information?  Like what was his denomination?  Or at least: was he
Protestant or Catholic?  What about other early filmmakers who made Jesus
movies?  Does anyone know about Rossellini?  Were they primarily Protestant
or Catholic or neither?

I'm debating this kind of thing with a Washington Post writer for his
article on the Passion, since I recently completed a dissertation on this
stuff.  For example, several recent productions (like the JESUS film and
The Gospel of John) were made by Jewish producers, and others (The Gospel
According to Matthew and Miracle Maker) by atheists and agnostics.  Any
further insights along these lines from history would help us.  Thanks!

http://www.ScreenSite.org