Others that may have been missed (and not including documentaries):

Gothic
Sade (Benoit Jacquot)
Wilde
Stevie
Sylvia
Mishima
84 Charing Cross (in a way)
Total Eclipse
Joe Gould's Secret
Citizen Kane
Love Actually
Late August, Early September
Birth of Love (though I can't remember if the writer character does any
actual writing)
McCarthy's If I Were King (about Villon) has been filmed at least four
times, once with a Preston Sturges script
Comanche Territory (loosely based on Perez-Reverte's experiences as journalist)
Before Sunset
maybe Rossellini's Augustine of Hippo and Blaise Pascal, possibly Acts of
the Apostles but obviously not Socrates