this must owe something to twain's "huckleberry finn"

you might also want to check out the film "wilde" (the beginning,
thereof) for more of the same -

ben

Yes - It's My Darling Clementine.

Some kind of traveling show is going through town - mostly dancehall
girls -
but one broken down old legitimate actor who can recite the classics.

Michael Bowen

> From: Scott Andrew Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 01:28:46 -0500
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Shakespearean actor in Western bar
>
> I saw a black and white Western several years ago that had a
Shakespearean
> actor in a bar get on the table and recite the "To be or not to be"
soliloquy
> from _Hamlet_.  I think it might have been _My Darling Clementine_,
but I
> can't think how that fit in with the rest of the film.  Is my ID
right?  If
> not, what is it?
>
> Scott Andrew Hutchins
>
> Examine The Life of Timon of Athens at Cracks in the Fourth Wall
> Theatre & Filmworks
> http://mywebpages.comcast.net/scottandrewh
>
> "But since in fact we see that avarice, anger, envy, pride, sloth,
lust and
> stupidity commonly profit far beyond humility, chastity, fortitude,
justice
> and thought, and have to choose, to be human at all...why then perhaps
we
> *must* stand fast a little--even at the risk of being heroes." --Sir
Thomas
> More, _A Man for All Seasons_, by Robert Bolt
>

> ----
> To sign off Screen-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF
Screen-L

----