.:,
.', :. .
.. , ..' : ..
.. '. .. ,. ..: ..
.. .:   .'..  ,. . ... F I L M - P H I L O S O P H Y
.   ' ...,...  . . .:. . .
. .. .  :   ...   .'..  ..,.. ISSN 1466-4615
. ., .  . :...  . .   '.. Journal : Salon : Portal
. .'.  ,  : ..... . PO Box 26161, London SW8 4WD
.  .:..'...,.   . http://www.film-philosophy.com
.. :.,.. '....
....:,. '.
.' :. .
.,'

     Science-Fiction Film as Philosophy

     Special Issue, August 2003

Anna Powell, 'Selling Space'
On King and Krzywinska's _Science Fiction Cinema_ (2000)

Jon Baldwin, 'Other Bother'
On Sardar and Cubitt's _Aliens R Us_ (2002)

Lysa Rivera, 'Screening the Postmodern'
On Sobchack's _Screening Space _ (1987)

Richard I. Pope, 'In Kubrick's Crypt, a Derrida/Deleuze Monster'
On Kubrick's _2001: A Space Odyssey_ (1968)

Nathan Andersen, 'Is Film the Alien Other to Philosophy?'
On Mulhall's _On Film_ (2002)

Julian Baggini, 'Alien Ways of Thinking'
On Mulhall's _On Film_ (2002)

Stephen Mulhall, 'Ways of Thinking'
A Response to Andersen and Baggini

. .. .  :   ...   .'..  ..,..

To join the salon, and receive the journal review-articles via email
as they are published, simply send the message:
join film-philosophy YOURNAME
or
join film-philosophy YOURNAME with digest
to: [log in to unmask]

(In the digest version you will receive salon posts in a single
email, sent about once a day.)

'A major online journal that is devoted to film and philosophy,
Film-Philosophy, based in Great Britain, facilitates dialogue among
countless individuals who are enthused about the philosophy of film
and the discussion of philosophical issues in films.' Kevin Stoehr,
in Film and Knowledge (Jefferson, NC: McFarland, 2002)
(http://www.mcfarlandpub.com)