Gary Elshaw writes:

>The only way i could see these in '99 was sitting in what was almost a
>meat-locker in the basement of the BFI on a Steenbeck. I am sooo glad they
>have managed to emerge from someone's basement and are having a life.

Things could have been worse.  At least you weren't in the nitrate viewing
cubicles in the Stephen St attic.  Those not only resemble a meat locker in
terms of their appearance, but in temperature as well!  Thick wooly jumpers
are needed, even in the middle of summer.

Leo

Dr. Leo Enticknap
Director, Northern Region Film and Television Archive
School of Arts and Media
University of Teesside
Middlesbrough  TS1 3BA
United Kingdom