I was reading about how Stephen Weeks's not legally available _I, Monster_
was made using a 3-D process, and released, unchanged, flat, because the
system relied on movements as refracted by the greyish lenses similar to
what were used for _House of Wax_.  Apparently, wearing such glasses will
make certain kinds of moving camera shots, such as in _Titanic_, appear 3-D.
Unfortunately, I misplaced those 3-D glasses, but I know I saved them.  Most
people threw them in the trash right out of the theatre.  There were details
in a letter in the back of Video Watchdog.  If someone doesn't pipe in with
additional info, I'll look it up.

The multiplex I saw House of Wax in was a General Cinema (now AMC) built in
the early 1990s or perhaps late 1980s, so I doubt the angle issue was a
problem, but I do notice that at Key Cinemas, which is Indianapolis's only
independently run art house theatre.  I'm not sure if they're shown
something in 3-D there or not.  I saw _Night of the Demon_ there last
Hallowe'en, and _Metropolis_ (Lang's, not Miyazaki's) is coming after
Christmas.

Scott Andrew Hutchins

Examine The Life of Timon of Athens at Cracks in the Fourth Wall Theatre &
Filmworks
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/scottandrewh

"When a true genius appears in this world, you may know him by this sign,
that the dunces are all in confederacy against him."--Jonathan Swift