----- Original Message -----
From: Jack W
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2002 5:51 AM
Subject: Re: [surrealmovies] Mulholland Dr.

Lynch is very much against chapter stops, and it's not just to do with the
sex scenes in Mulholland Dr.  I found the quotation I was after in a  post
to alt.movies.david-lynch, so I've cut and pasted it from there:

"The placard sent with the DVD of The Straight Story:

  I know that most DVDs have chapter stops.
It is my opinion  that a film is not like a book--
              it should not be broken up.
It is a continuum and should be seen as such.
        Thank you for your understanding

                          David Lynch"

So unfortunately I don't think we should expect to see chapter stops on any
of the DVDs that have been overseen by Lynch himself.

Jack.

>From: Scott Andrew Hutchins <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: [surrealmovies] Mulholland Dr.
>Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:40:10 -0500
>
>I finally saw it.  It was amazing.  The only reason it was on one chapter
>though is so jumping to the sex scenes would be annoying, given what Lynch
>has said about it.
>
>Scott Andrew Hutchins

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

"Surrealism doesn't try to define or explain, it leaves a mystery which, like the Heineken adverts, reaches parts of the brain others cannot reach." - Terry Gilliam

"All my movies are about strange worlds that you can't go into unless you build them and film them. That's what's so important about film to me. I just like going into strange worlds." - David Lynch

"Everybody's a mad scientist, and life is their lab. We're all trying to experiment to find a way to live, to solve problems, to fend off madness and chaos." - David Cronenberg