Dear Screen-L Subscribers:

I am researching representations of the Pacific Coast in movies set in Los
Angeles and looking for the following:

1.)A very early film clip of Charlie Chaplin (or Buster Keaton -- but
Chaplin preferred) at the beach.  Any sequences come to mind?  Any ideas
where to look?

2.) Suggestions for significant sequences to view (e.g. Norman Maine's
demise in "A Star Is Born;" angels gathering at dusk in "City of Angels;"
the Streisand/Redford walk along Malibu beach in "The Way We Were;" Julian
visiting his Swedish-born pimp in "American Gigolo," etc.)

Your help is most appreciated.

Julie A. Dercle, PhD, AICP
Assistant Professor
Department of Urban Studies and Planning
California State University, Northridge
18111 Nordhoff Street
Northridge, CA 91330-8259

Telephone/Voicemail: (818) 677-6463