Hi Carl,

> Let them know that you have been using DOSPPPD and Pegasus on
> your old machine. Now that you have a new machine with the
> Archtek SmartLink 5634PCV (56K PCI controller based) modem, do
> they have any suggestions on a DOSPPPD replacement. Let them know
> that the modem connects fine in MS-DOS using Procommm, but
> DOSPPPD will not establish a PPP connection.

I cant offer any direct advice but you might be interested
to know that theres been some discussion about using DOSPPPD
and the other frequently used DOS packet driver LSPPP with
a PCI modem in the internet newsgroup  demon.ip.support.pc
recently. A search on DejaNews might be worth while.
Not sure whether they've reached any conclusions yet.
--
Bye now,
       Ian.