Press Release:  01.05.02
(Greetings From Planet Telluride)
------------------------

Dear Independent Filmmakers, Screenwriters, and Indie Cinema Aficanados,

We have *moved* our festival dates to *coincide* with the
world-renown Telluride Film Festival!

The *new* dates for Telluride IndieFest 2002 are:   August 30 -
September 1 (over the Labor Day Weekend).

------------- What is the 'difference' between the two festivals?

The Telluride Film Festival is not an independent film festival - it
is more of an 'arts cinema' event - and, it *requires* 'premieres' of
all selected films (and does not include screenplays).

Telluride IndieFest (on the other hand) showcases the best
*independent* films and screenplays in the world - and does *not*
require films to 'premiere' at its event.

------------- Telluride IndieFest 2002 Entry Forms are NOW Available!

Please go to the festival's web site at:

http://tellurideindiefest.com

and click on "Year 2002 Entry Forms".

If you may - please use the *online* entry form - for it *greatly*
simplifies the entire entry process!

------------- Significant Dates:

Entry Deadline:  June 1, 2002   (*received* by the festival - not
'postmarked').

Entry *Selection* Announcement:  August 1, 2002

------------- Important Note:

We are (again) *limiting* entries to 1000 (total of all films,
videos, and screenplays) - so enter EARLY - and take advantage of
*reduced* entry fees!

As well - once we *receive* 1000 entries we may close the event (to
any further entries).

------------- See you during the *beautiful* Telluride Summer!

We look forward to your participation in Telluride IndieFest 2002 -
an event that remains *dedicated* to the spirit and advancement of
*independent* filmmaking and screenwriting worldwide!

Film and Write On,

Michael Carr
Founder/Director:  Telluride IndieFest

http://tellurideindiefest.com

Showcasing the *best* independent films and screenplays in the world!