Liliana Cavani, Francesca Archibugi, Wilma Labate, are a few.  For the
newer directors, you may have to order tapes or dvds from Italy.
3 or 4 of Cavani's work is available here and great (except for Francesco,
in my opinion)

At 03:37 PM 12/19/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>I am designing a course on French and Italian women directors (1920-present)
>and am having trouble finding much about Italian women directors. Can anyone
>recommend names of films that are actually available on VHS or DVD for use
>in the classroom? (other than L. Wertmueller) Are Elvira Notari's films in
>distribution in the US, for example?
>
>Thank you for any assistance and happy holidays!
>
>Angelica Fenner
>

>----
>Screen-L is sponsored by the Telecommunication & Film Dept., the
>University of Alabama: http://www.tcf.ua.edu

"Born to Be Bad: Trash Cinema from the 1960s and 70s"
Conference and Film Series
http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~tamao/Trash.htm

Tamao Nakahara
Department of Italian Studies