PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS PRESS QUERY TO THE
       REPORTER AT HER PHONE OR INTERNET ADDRESS.
       NEEDS INFO SOOOOON.

--Peter Rollins

Two recent films -- A Knight's Tale and Moulin Rouge -- feature modern music
used in a period setting. I'm searching for comments regarding this creative
license:

*Does using modern touches make the story more accessible/enjoyable to a
younger crowd? (for example, in A Knight's Tale, the jousting seems more like
a modern sporting event with the crowd singing "We Will Rock You" by Queen)
*However, does the entertainment value overshadow historical value in the
film? Are certain people, such as students, likely to believe the elements
which are put in purely for entertainment?
*Many classic tales have been updated with both setting and music -- such as
many Shakespeare works including Romeo & Juliet, etc. -- but mixing the
modern (music) with the old (setting, customs etc.) seems to be a new twist.
Is it?
*Is this a trend/will it continue?

Thanks for your help. Send responses to me via e-mail or you can reach me by
phone at (203) 574-3636 ext. 451.

Kellie Lambert McGuire
Waterbury (CT) Republican-American