Just released . . .

The latest feature from M/C Reviews

        “Must See Reality TV”

The feature is on-line at http://www.api-network.com/mc

Below is a brief summary of its contents:

Editorial: Reality TV and its Realist Angles. By Kate Douglas and
Kelly McWilliam

Reading Survivor: A Primer on Media Studies. By Kevin Howley

Big Brother: Sign of the Times. By Maarten Reesink

Not Very Tempting: A Season with Temptation Island. By Kristen Schilt

The moment of pleasure: Changing Rooms. By Karen Gai Dean

“I cannot thank you enough for selecting me” (and rejecting me?):
Survivor II and its ‘elimination confessionals’. By Kate Douglas

Interacting with Reality TV. By E. Sean Rintel and Susan McKay

Celebrities and ‘Real’ People, Contrivance and Authenticity on
Survivor. By Holly Forsythe

Narrating Encounters With the Police: World’s Wildest Police Videos.
By Ann Johnson and Ted Prosise

Rich and the Male Language of Success. By Jessica Livingston

Surviv-ing Women: “Bitches” Voted Off First. By Amanda Putnam

The 'Reality' of Television's latest Gendered Genre. By Sal Renshaw

A New Spin on the Corporate Jungle: Survivor. By Kathryn Goldie

How Real is Real? By Vida Zorah Gabe
Live from the Ministry of Truth: Reality soaps return to the early
promises of live television. By Lawrence Hill

Reel Pleasures: Exploring the Historical Roots of Media Voyeurism and
Exhibitionism in the USA. By Bilge Yesil

  --- Send the right message ---

        + Today freemail +

Get your free, private email address at
       http://www.today.com.au