I've just received a paper from a student that I suspect may be
plagiarized.  Is anyone familiar with a published essay applying Mulvey's
insights in "Visual Pleasure" to Peckinpah's Straw Dogs?

The paper--entitled "It is a Dog Eat Dog World: Women's Passivity in Straw
Dogs"--begins as follows, and I quote:

This paper is an examination of Laura Mulvey's feminist essay "Visual
Pleasure and Narrative Cinema."  After a brief explanation of her
hypothesis, its context, purpose, implications, and ramifications, this
author locates many points of continuity and discontinuity between Mulvey's
essay and the 1971 Dustin Hoffman feature, Straw Dogs.  In the concluding
passages, this paper hopes to encapsulate much of Mulvey's address into
larger, more philosophical questions: Is the world fully ordered by sexual
imbalance?  If so, what is the locus of this imbalance?  And finally, is it
possible for one woman scholar to sit behind a desk and accurately detail
the present state of sexual affairs in cinema, circa 1975?  No conclusion,
however, is obtainable without first outlining Laura Mulvey's paradigm of
sexual representation in cinema...

Look familiar?  I've tried Arts and Humanities Citation Index and other
resources, but haven't turned up anything yet.  Would appreciate any input
before I decide how to proceed with this unfortunate situation.

Thank you,

Carol Donelan
Media Studies Program
Carleton College