At 10:09 am -0700 27/9/00, Henry Breitrose wrote:
>A student is interested in examining the techniques of using still images
>in films. Some examples are CITY OF GOLD and THE CIVIL WAR, composed solely
>of still images, MAN WITH THE MOVIE CAMERA and BLOW-UP, in which still
>images play a major diegetic role. My student and I would appreciate
>suggestions of other examples.

Small but important:
the miniature portrait of Elsie Stoneman that Ben Cameron carries in _The
Birth of a Nation_?

Do portraits count?
Laura
The Portrait of Dorian Gray

The slide images in _Don't Look Now_

The brief history of Western Art in _Pleasantville_

Yours aye
Kris

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite