>In a recent post, the remark is made by Daniel Humphrey that "I'm finding
>hardly anyone who'll actually defend his work anymore."  Why does his work
>require defense at all?

Well, his films are mostly humorless, superficial, psychologically
implausible and tedious.  "Cries and Whispers" would be unintentionally
funny if only it was paced faster, "Persona" is just silly and the fact
that he was able to make and release his faith "trilogy" is proof in itself
that there's no God.  And I don't remember a single car chase in any of his
movies.

Adventures In Sound
http://wlt4.home.mindspring.com/adventures.htm

Full Alert Film Review