SCREEN-L Archives

December 1999, Week 2

From:
David Ezell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 05:31:25 -0800
Leona--

Although I live in NY, I was born and raised in the
Atlanta area--not a lot of film studies programs.

You already know about GSU, and they do have a fairly
active program.

My alma mater, Georgia Tech, has spent the last decade
developing a program on visual and written cultures
relationship to technology--one of the leading
programs of its sort. www.lcc.gatech.edu/index.html

My other suggestion is Emory University--incredible
facilities--don't know much about their film studies
though... www.emory.edu

Also, there is a program of sorts in Athens at Univ.
of Georgia, about one hour east of there. www.uga.edu

When you are downtown, go to the Margaret Mitchell
House--interesting historically and some cool film
memorabilia to boot.

Good Luck,

David

=====