SCREEN-L Archives

December 1999, Week 1

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 15:31:34 -0500
re: television studies texts.

i'm sure you've recieved advice already, such as Horace Newcomb's
"Television:the critical view" which is a common undergraduate text.  There
is also, of course, Jeremy Butler's "Television: Critical Methods and
Applications"

Might I also suggest: "The Television Studies Book" edited by Christine
Geraghty and David Lusted (Arnold Press, 1998). As well as "Critical Ideas
in Television Studies" by John Corner (Oxford, 1999).  You may also want to
be familiar with "Channels of Discourse, reassembled" edited by Robert
Allen and "logics of Telvision" edited by Patricia Mellencamp.

good luck
shawn shimpach
nyu cinema studies