SCREEN-L Archives

November 1999, Week 1

From:
Ivo Selder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Nov 1999 02:06:44 +0100
Dear readers,

Filmmakers Ruud Hendriks and Ivo Selder are discussing Eyes Wide Shut.
In The Netherlands the film was released two months after it's premiere
in the US, therefor the discussion is still very actual at Cahiers
du Cinema.
Also we believe there is plenty of reason to have a discussion about
it's non-complicated though very broad way of story-telling, it's
beautiful imagery, the sound-design, montage, the acting, this all
is perfected and functional to the max in Kubrick's latest.
The Cahiers du Cinema Community first had it's webbased version and
consisted mainly of e-mail and icq discussions between Ruud Hendriks
and Ivo Selder about films we'd seen, our own productions, festivals
and in particular one film we were dying to see; EWS. Day in day out
for a year we were living up to the moment it would appear in the
Dutch theaters and a month ago it finally did.
Considering the popularity of the Dutch spoken webbased version of
Cahiers du Cinema we decided to translate all our discussions from now
on to reach a wider audience and therefor we created the community.
We're still hoping for a broad EWS analysis and we can use all the
enthusiasm out there to help us achieve our directive, wherever this is,
we will let the film guide us. Also we would like to think of the
Cahiers du Cinema writings as a last collective statement or tribute to
Kubrick.
Of course there's more to Cahiers du Cinema then Eyes Wide Shut.
On the contrary, we keep our eyes wide open for anything related to
cinema in the true meaning of the word.
If you're interested you can visit the Cahiers du Cinema community at:

http://www.come.to/cahiers-du-cinema-community

regards,

Ivo Selder

NIEUWE KOERS PRODUCTIONS

http://www.come.to/nieuwe-koers-productions

CAHIERS DU CINEMA: a deep focus view beyond the mirror of cinema

http://www.come.to/cahiers-du-cinema-community

http://www.come.to/cahiers-du-cinema-forum

ICQ# 23437787

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite