SCREEN-L Archives

November 1999, Week 1

From:
William Lingle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 06:27:32 -0800
At the recent Hitchcock Centenary conference, Joseph Stephano also said
that the license plates, neither the ANL nor the NFB one, mean nothing and
were simply on the cars they used.  And the shot of the plate does serve
the purpose of underlining the fact than Marion is now in California.  But
we don't want to get too bogged down in author intentionality, do we, or
we will have to cast off some of our most ingenious ideas about
Hitchcock's work.

        William M. Lingle                       [log in to unmask]
        Communication Department                503.434.2521
        Linfield College                        fax 503.434.2566
        McMinnville OR 97128
        USA

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite