SCREEN-L Archives

October 1999, Week 4

From:
"Ender, M. DR BS&L" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:32:25 -0400
my two favorite resistence films:

the partisans of vilna--a documentary about the young jewish resistence in
the vilna ghetto during the nazi occupation

the white rose: a b/w film about university students sophie scholl and her
family and friends resisting the gestapo in munich through graffitti and
flyers; they were eventually caught and executed...in german w/subtitles;
you can probably obtain some of sophie scholl's letters translated in a
collection of writings and edited by her sister...

morten
Morten G. Ender, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Sociology
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Leadership
United States Military Academy
West Point, New York, 10996
U.S.A.

tel: (914) 938-5638/2515