SCREEN-L Archives

September 1999, Week 4

From:
William Lingle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:18:15 -0700
An old and popular, but interesting, article on the subject of the coziness
of popular film critics to the film industry appeared in New York magazine
on March 19, 1979.  Written by Jeanie Kasindorf, the article still merits
looking at because it comes from the heyday of the popular film critic and
includes anecdotes by or about Pauline Kael, Jay Cocks, Stephen Farber,
Richard Schickel, John Simon and other bigwigs in '70s popular film
criticism.

WML

--On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 12:24 PM -0500 shihlun <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi all:
>
>       I'm currently doing a research about the relation between
> film critics(film criticism) and film industry.  Is there any good books
> or article I should check?
>
>      Any suggestion?
>
>      Thanks a lot!!
>

>      Shihlun Chang
>
>      Taiwan
>
> ----
> Online resources for film/TV studies may be found at ScreenSite
> http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite

William M. Lingle               Phone:  503.434.2521
Department of Communication     Fax:    503.434.2566
Linfield College                Email:  [log in to unmask]
McMinnville OR 97128-6894
USA