SCREEN-L Archives

August 1999, Week 1

Date:
Fri, 6 Aug 1999 13:36:49 -0400

a couple of days ago, while taping some early talkies on
TCM, i inadvertently taped something called A DOGWAY
MELODY . . .    this was, apparently, part of a series of MGM
one reelers called  DOGVILLE COMEDY, and it struck me as
remarkable in a number of ways, only one of which was the fact
that ALL the parts are taken by dogs . . .  but i

?ve been unable to locate any information at all about either this film or the series from which it comes . . . can anyone out there provide any info at all, or direct me to appropriate sources? many thanks. mike frank PS -- i?m not sure many people are interested in this sort of thing, so it might make sense to respond off-list <[log in to unmask]>