SCREEN-L Archives

July 1999, Week 2

From:
"A.J. Jones" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jul 1999 10:43:41 -0700
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR FILMCRIT, A NEW FILM CRITICISM LIST

Hello, everyone. My name is A.J. Jones, and I'd like to invite your
participation in [log in to unmask], a new discussion list devoted
to the serious discussion of film and film criticism.

You can subscribe to Filmcrit by accessing

www.topica.com

and signing up as a Topica member, then using the page's search
engine to find "filmcrit" (as of this writing, I am unsure as to
whether the list is indexed as a new list or with the other film
lists). Once Filmcrit's listing is found, subscribing should merely
be a matter of point-and-click, but if you have any questions, please
do not hesitate to e-mail me at

One word of note: the Filmcrit list is not moderated, but it is
archived by Topica. I know that archived lists are not popular,
and I agonized over whether or not to have the list archived, questions
of privacy and so forth concerning me. However, I hoped that the
list would provide a better resource to scholars if it were archived, and hence my decision.

That being said, let me repeat my invitation to join Filmcrit.
I look forward to hearing from you.

A.J. Jones

Get your very own FREE, private e-mail account at http://mail.bolt.com

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite