SCREEN-L Archives

July 1999, Week 1

From:
Lang Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jul 1999 15:19:05 -0400
>whether this became a regular series on Danish television, or if there are
>any more videos in the series.  Thanks for all the help.

There's a "Kingdom Part II" which was released theatrically in the US last
year; no video date announced as far as I know but given Von Trier's high
profile it's probably only a matter of time.  The death of one of the lead
actors (forget his name, he's the older doctor that yells "Danish scum")
combined with Von Trier's apparent disinclination to continue means that
these two mini-series will probably be the whole story.

LT
Lang Thompson
http://www.tcf.ua.edu/wlt4

World Cinema Review