SCREEN-L Archives

June 1999, Week 5

From:
Krin Gabbard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 15:56:35 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

For a paper I'm writing, I need information about the heights of leading men in
mainstream Hollywood films.  I seem to recall a piece in Entertainment Weekly,
Esquire, or some other such periodical that listed actors by actual height and
then by the height claimed for them by their publicists.  Anyone know that
article?

More importantly, I want to say that Paul Newman, Mel Gibson, and Robert Redford
are all about 5'7", and that Tom Cruise and Al Pacino are about 5'4".  Do those
numbers sound right?

Thanks for your help.

     Krin Gabbard

http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite