SCREEN-L Archives

June 1999, Week 2

From:
"Wathen, Adam" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 1999 12:55:31 -0600
Hello All,

I am a University librarian and know very little about technical filmmaking
procedure and equipment, but I recently ran into a man who has been a
filmmaker for over 30 years and wants to move from film to video production.
He is interested in selling all of his 16mm and 35mm  filmmaking equipment
(new and antique) and many of the films and outtakes that he has
accumulated.

Since he is not yet computer savvy, I told him that I would send out a
message for him to get the word out about this available equipment.

He didn't have a list of specific items available when I spoke with him, but
he remembered the following (he is elderly and couldn't recall some of the
details).

-16mm Arriflex
-Nagra tape recorder (new)
-Nagra controller
-editing machinery
-rewinds
-and much more!!!  the whole kit and caboodle
-thousands of feet of original, workprint, and outtakes 16mm and 35mm film.
some documentary titles:
        35mm feature length
        -Unknown Wilderness
        -Search for Survival
16mm
        -Summer Sheep Range
        -Last Cattle Frontier
        -Birds, Birds (antarctic)

If you would like all of the information about this stuff, contact:

Edward Boehm
Ponderosa Films

Mailing Address:
Box 997
Livingston, MT 59047

phone: (406) 222-0032

He is a fascinating man who ran a drive-in in Livingston and has ample
experience in filmmaking and life in general.

Also, he was telling me that he has a very large collection of WWII and
maybe other propaganda information from film and other places.  He is
looking for a museum, person, or institution that may be interested in the
collection.  If you know of one, I'm sure he would appreciate a call as
well.

Thank you,
Adam Wathen

Adam Wathen                             voice: (406) 994-5296
Assistant Professor                     fax: (406)994-2851
MSU Libraries                           email: [log in to unmask]
P.O. Box 173320
Bozeman, MT 59717-3320