SCREEN-L Archives

May 1999, Week 4

From:
wen minkoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 15:24:19 -0700
At 04:49 PM 5/26/99 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>I just bid on this from eBay.  Anyone know where I could get an
>inexpensive and reliable Super 8 projector?

Scott,

Super 8 projectors are fairly easy to find at swap meets or thrift stores.
The ones with sound, though not rare, are much harder to come by and will
be more expensive.  For a non-sound projector, don't pay more than $30 US
(I got most of mine for between $15-$25).  For sound, $50-75 US is
standard, but I've never seen the sound ones at the thrift places or flea
markets, and there's the chance that if you find one there, the price will
be significantly less.  E-bay also has auctions on them from time to time.

Good luck!

Wen
If you can't be a good example,
then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.
--Catherine Aird