SCREEN-L Archives

April 1999, Week 4

From:
Darcy Paquet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 1999 00:23:08 +0900
This is to invite you all to visit my new Korean Film Webpage, at:

http://myhome.shinbiro.com/~darcypaq/koreafilm.html

With this site I hope to provide a detailed, slightly informal introduction
to the issues, people, and films that shape the contemporary film scene in
Korea. Here you can learn about the first-ever general release of a
Japanese film in Korea; U.S. pressure to abolish Korea's screen quota
system; the rise of the Pusan International Film Festival; and the new
release "Swiri", which in only 8 weeks passed "Titanic" to become the
best-selling film in Korea's history.

For those who wish to keep abreast of new releases and issues concerning
Korean film, I also plan to send out a periodical newsletter via email. You
can sign up for it at the site.

I have no commercial ambitions for this page; I just love Korean film and
hope to let others in on the big secret.

Fondly,

Darcy