SCREEN-L April 1999, Week 1

Re: _Elizabeth_ Influences?

Lang Thompson <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 1 Apr 1999 19:42:58 -0500

>(And I rather wonder that the Catholic Church hasn't bridled more at
>the portrayal of Bloody Mary and the Pope himself!)

Or that it seems to have plumb slipped the filmmakers' minds that Elizabeth
claimed to be a Catholic when Mary was Queen only to repudiate that when
she took the throne herself.

LT
Lang Thompson
http://www.tcf.ua.edu/wlt4

World Cinema Review
http://www.tcf.ua.edu/wlt4/wcr.htm

"The heavy bullets sounded like howitzers in
the dry, airless late-afternoon air."
from Michael Avallone's The Patridge Family