SCREEN-L Archives

March 1999, Week 1

From:
Donald Larsson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 13:30:01 -0600
Steve Sharma requests:

> Hi all,
> I am interested in learning more about the film industry in India.
> Even very general information is fine because I am not familiar with
> very much of it. Can't anyone suggest some books, web pages, people I should contact, movies that I must see, etc.
> I may be having the chance to go in a few weeks, so places to go would be great to.

I can't vouch for the quality or usefulness of any of the following
websites, but I received this message on another list just the other
day!:

---BOLLYWOOD AND BEYOND, WEBSITES FROM INDIA---

THE BOLLYWOOD MOVIE DATABASE - Featuring Links, Photographs,
Filmographies, Studio Contact Information, Reviews, a Chat Room and a
Database of over 3,000 movies. Plus lots of other information.
<http://www.wupper.de/sites/unnet/>

YASH RAJ FILMS - Featuring information about the films of Yash Chopra,
who has been making films for 40 years. The site is good example of
what a filmmaker can do on the web.
<http://www.yashrajfilms.com/>

CLICK TICKETS - If your in India, or going to India, check out this
site
that lets you buy tickets to the latest movies on-line! The site also
includes reviews and information on public opinion.
<http://www.clicktickets.com/india.html>

SRIDHAR NATARAJAN'S INDIAN FILM MUSIC HOMEPAGE -
Featuring Commentary on film music, links to lots and lots of Real
Audio of old
and new music and lyrics.
<http://roblix.eng.ohio-state.edu/~sridhar/desimusic.html>

TAMIL MUSIC ONLINE- This site features clips and interviews from the
movie "Jeans." A new popular film. The clips are in Tamil, Hindi and
English. Plus lots of music info.
<http://www.tamil.net/people/music/>

ENTERTAIN INDIA - The On-Line Indian Superstore! Buy, Videos, Music,
CD's, everything!
<http://www.entertainindia.com/>

NEPTUNE FILMS - Overseas distributor of Indian Films.
<http://neptunefilms.com/>

NATIONAL FILM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, LTD. - The central
agency in India promoting quality cinema. The site features a brief
history of
Indian cinema and a film database. The site also has information
about
foreign films released there and info for anyone wanting to distribute
films in India or go into production there.
<http://www.nfdcindia.com/cinema.html>

ABITHA S. - A researcher and writer of documentaries and short films
in
India. Seeking producers who want to work in India and share a passion
for the country.
<http://members.xoom.com/vistaas/abitha.htm>

FREELANCE LOCATION SOUND RECORDIST - Production Sound Mixer
From Bollywood, Bombay, India. The site lists the numerous films,
commercials and television shows he's worked on.
<http://www.bcity.com/rajendra>