SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 4

From:
Jeremy Butler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 14:33:08 -0600
As Screen-L closes in on its EIGHTH birthday (which is 800 in human years),
we've installed a new facility that greatly simplifies access to Screen-L's
archive of old messages!

If you drop by

you'll find a listing for every month of Screen-L's existence AND you'll be
able to enter search terms that'll let you scour the archive for any little
thing your heart desires.

Research if Screen-Lians have ever discussed THE JETSONS' ideological
infrastructure.  Go ego-surfing and find out how many posts you've made and
how many posts have referred to you!  Browse the early, un-moderated years
when flame wars, dopey spam and requests to be unsubscribed ran free!

P.S.  Screen-L's birthdate is Fri, 15 Mar 91 19:42:11 CST, when the first
test post was made to [log in to unmask]  BITNET, an acronym for
"Because It's Time Network," was an early predecessor to the Internet.  For
many of us, this network of University computers was our first e-mail home.

Ah yes, <misting up> how well I remember the days of [log in to unmask] .
. .

----
Jeremy Butler
Screen-L Coordinator
ScreenSite http://www.tcf.ua.edu/ScreenSite
Telecommunication & Film/University of Alabama/Tuscaloosa/AL