SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 2

Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 17:09:37 -0500
Robert Roy MacVeigh's _Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz_, though for copyright
reasons you probably will not be able to find a copy from anyone (Try
www.ozclub.org), as it was set to the Capitol Records 78 of the same name.
These were not photographs, though, they were watercolors.

Scott

Scott Andrew Hutchins
http://php.iupui.edu/~sahutchi
Oz, Monsters, Kamillions, and More!

"Colorless green ideas sleep furiously."--Noam Chomsky

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Aylish Wood wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> I imagine you'll have seen the recent BBC2 programme
> Shooting the Past. There are scenes in which a series of
> photographs are used to tell stories, though I don't think
> the mise-en-scene of the piece overall is in a dialogue
> with the phototgraphs.
>
> cheers,
>
> Aylish
>
> On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 13:55:51 +0000 DR J J JACOBS
> <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>

> > I'm looking for examples of films or television programmes that use
> > still photography as an aspect of their mise-en-scene, particularly
> > those that 'energise' the photograph within the temporal continuity
> > of the film (e.g. using voice-over narration). I'd also be grateful
> > for reading suggestions ( I've looked at the Patrice
> > Petro collection, FUGITIVE IMAGEs, and take Sontag, Bourdieu and
> > Benjamin as read).
> > Any suggestions - from the opening of Chinatown to La Jettee! - most
> > welcome.
> >
> > Jason
> >

> > Dr Jason Jacobs
> > Department of Film and Television Studies
> > University of Warwick
> > Coventry
> > CV4 7AL
> >
> > ----
> > Screen-L is sponsored by the Telecommunication & Film Dept., the
> > University of Alabama.

> Aylish Wood
>
> ----
> To sign off Screen-L, e-mail [log in to unmask] and put SIGNOFF Screen-L
> in the message. Problems? Contact [log in to unmask]

University of Alabama.