SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 1

Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:55:16 EST
Dear Lang,

"Early Russian Cinema" is the ten volume set of Russian cinema from 1908-1919
curated by Ian Christie of the BFI based on the Pardenone discoveries a few
years back. The prints came from Gosfilmofond and in video, distributed by the
BFI in PAL and in North America, by Milestone. It was a dream project for Ian
and it's one of our best acquisitions.

We have them in NTSC for $29.95 each or $250 for the set (plus shipping and
handling). If you'd like to get a complete description of the films, just
email me and I'll get the info to you. They're wonderful films, especially the
Evgennii Bauer work (but it's all marvelous). By the way, they're listed in
the 1999 Milestone catalog if you have that.

Dennis Doros
Milestone Film & Video
275 West 96th Street, Suite 28C
New York, NY 10025