SCREEN-L Archives

February 1999, Week 1

From:
Ellen Strain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:18:02 -0500
Please circulate this to those who might be interested:

GRAPHIC DESIGN/VIDEO PRODUCTION

Georgia Tech's School of Literature, Communication, and Culture (LCC) is
engaged in rethinking the role of humanities education in an increasingly
technological, multicultural environment. LCC offers a Master's degree in
Information Design and Technology, a Bachelor's degree in Science,
Technology, and Culture, and a minor in Performance Studies. The School
co-sponsors interdisciplinary minors in Women, Science, and Technology and
African-American Studies. In addition the School provides humanities and
communication courses for all Georgia Tech undergraduates. LCC's Center for
New Media Education and Research fosters theoretical and applied research
in new media and offers continuing and executive education through its
certificate programs.

In keeping both with our current programs and with the possible development
of a Ph.D. program, we seek to hire an Assistant Professor (tenure-track)
with expertise in Graphic Design and/or Video Production. Expertise in
Audio Production is also highly desired. Applicants should share LCC's
commitment to interdisciplinary work at the theoretical and applied levels,
as well as to the incorporation of new electronic media into humanities
education. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will begin screening applications immediately, and continue until the
position is filled. Send letter and c.v. to Professor Richard Grusin,
Chair, School of Literature, Communication, and Culture, Atlanta, GA
30332-0165. Georgia Tech is an AA/EO employer.

        Ellen Strain, Assistant Professor
        School of Literature, Communication & Culture
        Georgia Institute of Technology

        email: [log in to unmask]
        phone: (404) 894-8923
        location: Skiles Building 301